Wednesday, January 01, 2020

Happy New Year + Some Words



Happy New Year, fellas.

short list of thoughts I am putting out there...



1. Andrew Yang will be the next President of the United States, if not 2020 then 2024.
But, I am betting it will more likely be 2020. He will be a great way to usher in a new decade.
Also, unlike most people I don't hate Trump whatsoever.


2. That project I mentioned working on seems to be turning out pretty cool.  kinda has multiple parts.  However, I am in desperate need for some feedback and opinions on it.   I will be reaching out to some guys in the frot and bate space for some good opinions on how to make it better.  The project involves bringing these ideas presented here out there...  When I do this I can't waste peoples time with foolishness.  I also have to figure out how to present these ideas in a way that is not salacious or  sexually vulgar.   That is hard...



3.  This year I am starting the long journey to learn the (brazilian) portugese language.
I really need to learn Portuguese, as I keep running into it constantly with things I am interested in.
I love the music, afrocentric culture, capoeira, samba, lgbt culture, the music.   I love music in general especially when it is sort of strange/unique.  But, as you can see from my music post here you probably already knew that.   The only language I really know is English, so it will be a challenge.  Still I have been exposed so much I catch myself reading and understanding random portugese sentences.  Also 60% of portugese and spanish is sort of the same so it is like learning two languages in one so it will be more than worth it in the long run.



That's all for now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frankly Yang seems an outlier. Plus, his ideas about automation are straight out of the Silver Age. Nobody believes automation is sending plants to China.

Grinder said...

To me, I see Yang as sort of like a 2028 candidate running in 2020.
His ideas are way ahead of the curb but they all make sense regardless for the time we are in now.

Also his campaign growth is quickly moving him from outlier to contender.
He is raising a shit-ton of money from people who believe in him. I donated a bunch too.
I watched a bunch of interviews on him and he seems like a brilliant, genuine, and funny guy.
Great ideas on economic issues, prison reform, drug and opioid crisis, Ubi.

Those amount of jobs to be replaced by computers / automation will eventually make
whatever plants that are sent to other countries seem meaningless in the grand scheme.

Anonymous said...

Again, predicted for centuries. Economists today point out that for every job eliminated, two replace it.

Hence why I said Silver Age. As in, 1960s comic book.

Grinder said...


It could be up in the air whether automation will create or destroy jobs, or have little to no change.
Honestly his ideas on automation are the least important to me. His timeline on the matter is 15 years ahead of schedule. UBI, Prison Reform, health reform are all things that are 15 years overdue that he hits the mark on. Other Democratic candidates are too far left, trump will crush them.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Grinder said...


Anon, Damn you really hate trump huh, I nixed you comment because
of the wild accusations.

I actually consider myself more of a leftist. But, I can recognize when others might be too left for the general sentiment of the country to get behind. I like Bernie Sanders, he’s my 2nd choice, but I'm weary of his electability. I see his visions for the country are good, but not enough talk about his execution for that vision.

Whether you like him or not Trump is an amazing strategist when it comes to politics. Even with this impeachment thingy I honestly don't even see him leaving office for some strange reason. Trumps so-called racism doesn't bother me. Why, because I see the hidden racism against other groups in the democratic party versus the open racism in the republican party. They are two wings flapping on the same bird…